Subject: syncing from def3 to rocksolid seems off
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-q5z-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2019 14:40 UTC
  To: rocksolid.nodes
since today, several missing messages, with and without attachment.

Subject: Re: syncing from def3 to rocksolid seems off
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 09:06 UTC
AnonUser wrote:

  To: rocksolid.nodes
since today, several missing messages, with and without attachment.

I wonder if it's a timeout issue. I haven't tried to sync ff over i2p, just
locally.

In 'include/nntp_adm.inc' there is a timeout setting. Maybe increasing it may
make a difference. I don't know, but I'm guessing that just maybe it's the issue.

Are you noticing other syncing issues between inn servers, or just ff?

From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 19:42 UTC
it was just ff. i changed syncing to one of my servers, that solved it.
Posted on def2

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-4dk-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:36 UTC
  To: anonymous
anonymous wrote:

it was just ff. i changed syncing to one of my servers, that solved it.
Posted on def2

Great, I'm glad it's solved!

Did you notice any duplicate messages in ff after changing servers? If not, I'd
like to do that myself (have my ff use a different inn server)

From: trw@i2pmail.org (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 21:56 UTC
Did you notice any duplicate messages in ff after changing servers?

No, ff is very robust in that regard. I even zeroed one counter and made a complete rerun of all messages, and it is fine, you just get a lot of the message "previously loaded" of course.

I am thinking now, if it was a timeout issue, this is maybe more likely to happen on messages with attachments (because they are bigger). So with some luck this should solved as well now. Life is good...:-=)

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-62e-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 22:15 UTC
  To: trw
trw wrote:

Did you notice any duplicate messages in ff after changing servers?

No, ff is very robust in that regard. I even zeroed one counter and made a
complete rerun of all messages, and it is fine, you just get a lot of the
message "previously loaded" of course.

I am thinking now, if it was a timeout issue, this is maybe more likely to
happen on messages with attachments (because they are bigger). So with some
luck this should solved as well now. Life is good...:-=)

Nice!

I'm going to try to carefully link my ff to another server soon. Thanks for
testing :)

From: anon@anon.com (anon)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 22:31 UTC

I'm going to try to carefully link my ff to another server >soon. Thanks for testing :)

You are welcome. And I would not concern myself with ff too much, this kind of thing I have done quite often now, and never ran into problems. The only weak point of ff is the database side in my opinion (part of it may also be just me :-).
At one point in the future I want to publish a "theme", including all the little hacks and improvements we did on ff during the time. will take some more time, of course, but it would be nice to have a stable version of ff for rocksolid that you just need to add to a fresh install.
Which makes me think: can you publish your addons somewhere, I believe it was a version of spam assassin and also your original hack of nntp.php ?

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-28r-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2019 22:38 UTC
  To: anon
anon wrote:

Which makes me think: can you publish your addons somewhere, I believe it was
a version of spam assassin and also your original hack of nntp.php ?

I will clean those up and post them soon. It's a spamassassin plugin,
registration plugin and a few code changes.