Subject: Re: searx.i2p
From: AnonUser@rslight.i2p (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 18:23 UTC
anonymous wrote:

(I'm the operator of ransack.i2p)

ransack.i2p itself doesn't index I2P eepsites.  It's done by another eepsite, legwork.i2p.  ransack.i2p just queries it.

I restricted the number of the search result from legwork.i2p to 5 (because legwork.i2p responses sometimes slow), but now I set it to 60.  So e.g. "!legwork YourQuery" will give you 60 results now.  For unlimited number of results, please use legwork.i2p directly.

Anywise, thank you for using!-- Posted on def2

Thanks for the explanation. Both sites are useful. Looks like YaCy may have improved (legwork.i2p)

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.

From: 978897@anon.com (978897)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 14:59 UTC

and another searx engine in i2p:

http://ransack.i2p/

right on.

Posted on def4.i2p

From: guest@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Guest)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2019 16:04 UTC
http://ransack.i2p/

seems to have mainly clearnet indexed, just a few eepsites,
as far as i could see
Posted on: def2.i2p

From: 789779@anon.com (789779)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 09:13 UTC

For unlimited number of results, please use legwork.i2p directly.

Alright, thanks for explaining.legwork is really working great. Posted on def4

From: 435325@anon.com (435325)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2019 08:28 UTC

(I'm the operator of ransack.i2p)

Can you put a howto for the setup of yacy in i2p somewhere ? Please ?

Posted on def4

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.i2p
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2019 13:31 UTC
435325 wrote:

(I'm the operator of ransack.i2p)

Can you put a howto for the setup of yacy in i2p somewhere ? Please ?

Posted on def4

I can't provide a howtow, but I ran a YaCy search engine in i2p and tor in the past, and basically piped everything through a proxy. privoxy allows you to route your requests to different proxies based on domain name, so .i2p to i2prouter, .onion to tor etc. It worked fine, but I was not impressed with YaCy so much as even though it said "YaCy never removes a link from it's database it either does, or makes it impossible to find in the future.

I never was able to get consistency in results. I made a nice interface with search suggestions, even phonetic modifications, but finally I got so frustrated with YaCy I shut the whole thing down.

Maybe it's just me, or maybe (hopefully) YaCy has improved since then :)

--
Posted on Rocksolid Light.