Subject: It is hard to write a good screenlock program
From: 823845989@anon.com (823845989)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 19:52 UTC

Demonstrated again by Ubuntu:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1777415

All tested versions are vulnerable to bypassing the lockscreen under certain circumstances. I don't know, I started with Ubuntu when I migrated from Windows, but the distro is not that solid...

Posted on def4

Subject: Re: It is hard to write a good screenlock program
From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-1i5-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 20:02 UTC
  To: 823845989
823845989 wrote:

I don't know, I started with Ubuntu when I migrated from Windows, but the
distro is not that solid...

I started way back in early 90s with Slackware. I never thought of a screenlock as security beyond keeping my wife from taking a look around.

From: 43224@anon.com (43224)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 20:18 UTC

I never thought of a screenlock as security beyond keeping my wife from taking a look around.

How did you lock your sessions ? Or you just used cli ?

Posted on def4

From: anonuser@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-lwu-this (AnonUser)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.security
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2019 23:38 UTC
  To: 43224
43224 wrote:

I never thought of a screenlock as security beyond keeping my wife from
taking a look around.

How did you lock your sessions ? Or you just used cli ?

Posted on def4

Just the screensaver lock in whatever gui I was using at the time. I wouldn't trust anything important to that.