Subject: rslight.i2p changes
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019 06:57 UTC
If anyone has noticed, rslight is looking a bit different. I run the next version of rslight on the Rocksolid Light site, the not yet released version, currently 0.6.4.

I'm working toward a responsive site, and so far it's working reasonably well. It's not great, but it does work. I'm able to use the site on my phone now and can navigate.

Also, I've moved all the colours to the top of the css as variables, to make it very easy to change the colour scheme. I just wanted to explain the difference in appearance. If you are looking to install 0.6.3, you should still do that. It has a lot of feature changes and bug fixes from previous versions, and 0.6.4 won't be released for quite a while. Upgrading to 0.6.4 after that will be pretty simple.

Subject: Re: rslight.i2p changes
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 00:35 UTC
The overboard now caches results for 5 minutes. If you don't see your post immediately, this is why. 5 minutes should be fine for checking for new posts. If you've just posted, you already know you did :)

The purpose, of course, is to simply reduce accessing the same files over and over when it's not really necessary.

From: retro.guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com.remove-n6a-this (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 07:11 UTC
  To: Retro Guy
Just added a "Change Password" link on the Register page on rslight and retroBBS.

Until now, there was no method to change your password. This works now, it's a bit sloppy (the appearance) but it works. I'll clean it up before the 0.6.4 release.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 09:34 UTC
This is working pretty well. Need to increase the font size a bit. Sending this from my phone. Retro Guy --
Posted on Rocksolid Light

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 09:48 UTC
Some crlf would be nice lol.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 00:07 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

  To: Retro Guy
Just added a "Change Password" link on the Register page on rslight and retroBBS.

Until now, there was no method to change your password. This works now, it's a bit sloppy (the appearance) but it works. I'll clean it up before the 0.6.4 release.

I think I just fixed the 'embarassing line wrap' problem with rslight when
replying.  I'll be testing a bit to see if it's really ok now. This is the problem in quoting long lines, where the wrapped line does not show
as a quote. Let's see if it's any better now.

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.nodes
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2019 01:59 UTC
Retro Guy wrote:

Retro Guy wrote:

  To: Retro Guy
Just added a "Change Password" link on the Register page on rslight and retroBBS.

Until now, there was no method to change your password. This works now, it's a bit sloppy (the appearance) but it works. I'll clean it up before the 0.6.4 release.

I think I just fixed the 'embarassing line wrap' problem with rslight when
replying.  I'll be testing a bit to see if it's really ok now.

This is the problem in quoting long lines, where the wrapped line does not show
as a quote. Let's see if it's any better now.

Retro Guy

How about this one? Synchronet seems to be chopping it a bit on retroBBS