Subject: goes
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 11:18 UTC
down

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: goes
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 11:25 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

down

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Footer is broken again on def2. What happened?

news.novabbs.com

From: anonymous@anon.com (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:05 UTC
it is not broken, it is the footer line made by vichan. since the file is put directly in the spool for syncing (at least for now), rslight does not get to make its own footer.
the news server does not change what is given to it.

z5bqfv5v75kxy7pj.onion

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:11 UTC
anonymous wrote:

it is not broken, it is the footer line made by vichan. since the file is put directly in the spool for syncing (at least for now), rslight does not get to make its own footer.
the news server does not change what is given to it.

Oh, interesting. I wonder if it has to do with whether it's rn or r or n. I don't know.

The footer from vichan show up when I reply, but from rslight does not. It's not a really important thing, but maybe rslight needs to check better to see if it's really a footer or not. I'll take a look at that tomorrow (how it replies).

news.novabbs.com

Subject: footer
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 12:27 UTC
The footer from vichan show up when I reply, but from rslight does not.

That is strange. On my node rslight shows the footer in thread view.

--
Posted on def2.i2p

From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2020 22:45 UTC
anonymous wrote:

it is not broken, it is the footer line made by vichan. since the file is put directly in the spool for syncing (at least for now), rslight does not get to make its own footer.
the news server does not change what is given to it.

Aha, I think I see. The '--' to start the footer does not appear to be followed by a space on the vichan footer. Should be '-- '

Both rslight and knode do not recognize this is a footer when sent from vichan.

www.novabbs.com

Subject: should be fixed now
From: poster@anon.com (Anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 10:44 UTC
Aha, I think I see. The '--' to start the footer does not
appear to be followed by a space on the vichan footer.
Should be '-- '

Both rslight and knode do not recognize this is a
footer when sent from vichan.

i did not read the rfc :-). thx for pointing it out.

--
Posted on def2.i2p

Subject: Re: should be fixed now
From: Retro Guy@rslight.i2p (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.test
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 10:46 UTC
Anonymous wrote:

Aha, I think I see. The '--' to start the footer does not
appear to be followed by a space on the vichan footer.
Should be '-- '

Both rslight and knode do not recognize this is a
footer when sent from vichan.

i did not read the rfc :-). thx for pointing it out.

Looks good now :)

www.novabbs.com