Subject: php 7.0-7.3 (debian)
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 07:50 UTC
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 07:50:51 +0000
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
View all headers
It looks like libphp-phpmailer has changed a bit from 7.0 to 7.3. I'll now need to keep two copies of 'rsusers.php' for rslight, or at least determine during install and install the correct script.

In the $phpmailer_path, things have moved and been renamed:

class.phpmailer.php is now src/PHPMailer.php
class.smtp.php is now src/SMTP.php

It is also necessary to specifically 'use' PHPMailer:

Maybe I can just put the entire script names and paths in config, just need to write it properly for each version, and if you upgrade 7.0 to 7.3, email will no longer work until you change it.

Posted on: Unconfigured rslight site
www.novabbs.com

Subject: Re: php 7.0-7.3 (debian)
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:41 UTC
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 09:41:48 +0000
From: retro....@rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.programming
View all headers
Retro Guy wrote:

It looks like libphp-phpmailer has changed a bit from 7.0 to 7.3. I'll now need to keep two copies of 'rsusers.php' for rslight, or at least determine during install and install the correct script.

In the $phpmailer_path, things have moved and been renamed:

class.phpmailer.php is now src/PHPMailer.php
class.smtp.php is now src/SMTP.php

It is also necessary to specifically 'use' PHPMailer:

Maybe I can just put the entire script names and paths in config, just need to write it properly for each version, and if you upgrade 7.0 to 7.3, email will no longer work until you change it.

Seems it's the change from phpMailer pre and post 6.0.

Posted on: novaBBS
www.novabbs.com