Rocksolid Light

Welcome to Rocksolid Light

register   nodelist   faq  


rocksolid / rocksolid.shared.rocksolid / Re: beta image

SubjectAuthor
* Re: beta imagetrw
`* Re: beta imageRetro Guy
 `* Re: beta imageRetro Guy
  `* Re: beta imageRetro Guy
   `* Re: beta imageRetro Guy
    `* Re: beta imageanonymous
     `- Re: beta imageRetro Guy

Subject: Re: beta image
From: trw@anon.com (trw)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: def5
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:59 UTC

and btw, did you verify the download ? maybe it was corrupted...

Posted on def4


Subject: Re: beta image
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: novabbs
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:43 UTC
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:59:21+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:


and btw, did you verify the download ? maybe it was corrupted...

Posted on def4

I'm using VBox and the download verifies ok.

I get past the grub menu and start loading... I see an fsck (clean)
then the window resizes, and it seems to clearly go into a different
graphics mode. I can't jump to another console, I'll try to ssh in but
need to read the notes to see the easiest way to find it on the network.


--
Posted via NovaBBS




Subject: Re: beta image
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: novabbs
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:52 UTC
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:43:40 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:59:21+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:


and btw, did you verify the download ? maybe it was corrupted...

Posted on def4

I'm using VBox and the download verifies ok.

I get past the grub menu and start loading... I see an fsck (clean)
then the window resizes, and it seems to clearly go into a different
graphics mode. I can't jump to another console, I'll try to ssh in but
need to read the notes to see the easiest way to find it on the
network.



Switched to bridged networking so I could see it on the network, but it
does not appear. I assume it's set for dhcp.

--
Posted via NovaBBS




Subject: Re: beta image
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: novabbs
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:15 UTC
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:52:14 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:43:40 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:59:21+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:


and btw, did you verify the download ? maybe it was corrupted...

Posted on def4

I'm using VBox and the download verifies ok.

I get past the grub menu and start loading... I see an fsck (clean)
then the window resizes, and it seems to clearly go into a different
graphics mode. I can't jump to another console, I'll try to ssh in
but need to read the notes to see the easiest way to find it on the
network.



Switched to bridged networking so I could see it on the network, but
it does not appear. I assume it's set for dhcp.


Converted to .vdi. No change.

--
Posted via NovaBBS




Subject: Re: beta image
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: novabbs
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:24 UTC
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 17:15:49 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:52:14 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 16:43:40 -0700
Retro Guy <retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com> wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 22:59:21+0000
trw <trw@anon.com> wrote:


and btw, did you verify the download ? maybe it was corrupted...

Posted on def4

I'm using VBox and the download verifies ok.

I get past the grub menu and start loading... I see an fsck
(clean) then the window resizes, and it seems to clearly go into
a different graphics mode. I can't jump to another console, I'll
try to ssh in but need to read the notes to see the easiest way
to find it on the network.



Switched to bridged networking so I could see it on the network, but
it does not appear. I assume it's set for dhcp.


Converted to .vdi. No change.


I'm not convinced that the problem is not on my end. I'm going to try
again with a different machine. The problem might simply be my hardware
atm.

--
Posted via NovaBBS




Subject: Re: beta image
From: anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: def2org
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53 UTC
to validate quickly, you can do:

1) tar xvf ./*.ova
2) qemu-img convert -c -O qcow2 -f vdi ./NetServices/NetServices-disk1.vdi 3) ./ffvm_beta.qcow2
qemu-system-x86_64 /path/to/image/ffvm_beta.qcow2 -netdev user,id=ethernet.0,hostfwd=tcp::60119-:119,hostfwd=tcp::60080-:80,hostfwd=tcp::60022-:22 -device rtl8139,netdev=ethernet.0 -nographic

after that, you should be able to do

ssh user@127.0.0.1 -p 60022

since you start it with "-nographic", any hardware problems with the display are not relevant.

and yes, the vm is configured to be used with a dhcp server, but it is using the internal one (which gives guest the ip 10.0.0.15).

the network setup between host and guest is a transparent nat:
guest can use the network with the ip of host
host will forward incoming connections on 60022, 60080 and 60119 to guest on 22,80 and 119

cheers

trw-- Posted on def2




Subject: Re: beta image
From: retro_guy@retrobbs.rocksolidbbs.com (Retro Guy)
Newsgroups: rocksolid.shared.rocksolid
Organization: novabbs
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:50 UTC
On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 00:53:41 -0000 (UTC)
anonymous@def2.anon (anonymous) wrote:

to validate quickly, you can do:

The file passes sha3sum where I download it, but not where I move it.

Apparently the comp I want to run the vm on has some file system
corruption. Working that out now. I'm sure the problem is on my end.



--
Posted via NovaBBS




1
rocksolid light 0.6.5f
clearnet i2p tor